Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General Support

Post a message here if you are having trouble with a particular feature of your Amulet voice remote, or if you have a suggestion for features to include in a future software release.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Easter Egg? - MAKING YOUR OWN COMMANDS

Easter Egg? - MAKING YOUR OWN COMMANDS 6 years 11 months ago #145

• Rojoyinc
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks (I had read in a thread on here, I don't recall which)
about how we can make our own commands! and even run external programs.
I tried it and it worked great. HOW COOL.

I haven't put it to use yet other than a couple tests, but it's great to know I can!
Since I couldn't find the thread, I thought we should have one that's easier to search and fine for new folks. (the info about the .nfg file is buried somewhere).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Easter Egg? - MAKING YOUR OWN COMMANDS 6 years 11 months ago #148

• conor
  • Administrator
The info was indeed in another thread. Copy and pasted:

Ok, the main info you need is in a file called CustomCommands-Sample.txt. Which is in the Amulet ProgramData\Amulet Devices folder.

You should look at this file. It has instructions and examples of custom commands. You need to edit this file and then rename it to CustomCommands.txt. Then either restart Media Center, or use the more advanced update mechanism mentioned in the file.

NOTE: This is available in the current release and you are free to experiment, but we can't provide a lot of support, as we intend to expand on it and make it more suitable for end users and custom installers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.775 seconds