Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General Support

Post a message here if you are having trouble with a particular feature of your Amulet voice remote, or if you have a suggestion for features to include in a future software release.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Remote forgets manually entered IR commands

Remote forgets manually entered IR commands 6 years 7 months ago #412

• Zimbawan
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey guys, I want to first just express how much I enjoy using this remote each day. I have one small problem that keeps arising. The only commands that I have trained this remote for is to turn on/off the tv and to adjust the volume on my receiver. Every so often, I pick up the remote and none of the trained commands work (all the media center buttons still work fine). It's like it forgets them every once in a while. I'm not sure what is causing this but any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Cody
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Remote forgets manually entered IR commands 6 years 7 months ago #414

• conor
  • Administrator
We're glade to hear you are enjoying the remote as much as we do!

OK, to the problem. The remote may lose commands if there is a problem with internal memory. This is a very rare situation. But it can be caused by a low battery. How often do you charge the remote? Try and charge it every night for a while and see if that helps.

Re:Remote forgets manually entered IR commands 6 years 7 months ago #415

• ok
That could be the problem as I don't charge it all that often. So the memory in the remote volatile? I will definitely give this a try and let you know.

Re:Remote forgets manually entered IR commands 6 years 7 months ago #416

• Zimbawan
  • Fresh Boarder
Oops, I thought that was another subject line, didn't realize I wasn't logged in :P
Sorry

Re:Remote forgets manually entered IR commands 6 years 7 months ago #417

• conor
  • Administrator
The memory isn't volatile. It should be fine even without the battery. But one of the ways it could possibly get corrupted is if the battery is low AND there is an attempt to write to it. This is a rare situation, as I said. But if we detect any sort of error with the memory we clear it as a precaution.

Re:Remote forgets manually entered IR commands 6 years 4 months ago #482

• Zimbawan
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I haven't had any more issues and forgot about the post until now. I think I figured out why it was happening though. For some reason I was thinking the 4 programmable buttons at the bottom were the colored ones (instead of the blank black ones). Those are actually the WMC buttons I suppose. Anyways, when I hit the red button to tell it to program I guess it had an error as you described and decided it needed to clear the memory. I wouldn't think this would be an optimal solution for someone hitting that button to program as it could happen accidentally. I figured I would bring it up in case it isn't just my remote and you may want to get that worked out. Still loving the remote! :)
Thanks,
Cody

Re:Remote forgets manually entered IR commands 6 years 4 months ago #483

• conor
  • Administrator
Thanks for the update! We'll look into it, and hopefully fix anything bad we find.

Good to hear everything is moving along nicely now!

Conor
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by conor.

Re:Remote forgets manually entered IR commands 6 years 4 months ago #484

• svinick
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a similar problem, where the manually-programmed buttons stop working. In my case it's definitely because of the battery. I'll pick up the remote and none of the buttons work. Then I realize I forgot to charge it :) So I let it recharge fully, but then the TV power and volume buttons I programmed won't work. I don't use any of the lower buttons like Zimbawan.

Re:Remote forgets manually entered IR commands 6 years 4 months ago #485

• svinick
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a similar problem, where the manually-programmed buttons stop working. In my case it's definitely because of the battery. I'll pick up the remote and none of the buttons work. Then I realize I forgot to charge it :) So I let it recharge fully, but then the TV power and volume buttons I programmed won't work. I don't use any of the lower buttons like Zimbawan.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds