Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome, Amulet Beta Testers!
Here you'll find discussion of the latest Amulet Voice Remote beta software, as it moves towards general release. Please give us your feedback, bug reports, and comments on how you are getting on with beta testing, along with any feature requests you think may help improve the Amulet software.

Please only post here relating to issues with Amulet beta software releases; use the main forums for general discussion about Amulet.
  • Page:

TOPIC: WMC Netflix Add-in functionality

WMC Netflix Add-in functionality 6 years 7 months ago #194

• cjbrown80
  • Junior Boarder
I'd like to see this.

" Go To Netflix "
" Go To Instant Queu "
" Go To DVD Queu"

You get the idea.

Btw, I'm diggin this thing. It's quite awesome and I'm already getting acclimated to using voice commands. I did notice after running through the Windows voice recognition part that it seems to respond to my voice better. (I actually didn't expect that)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: WMC Netflix Add-in functionality 6 years 7 months ago #197

• eddy
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Better Netflix integration is on our to-do list, but we want to get a solid My Movies and EPG Search release out there first.

In the meantime, if you don't mind tinkering under the hood, we do have a custom command capability that will let you do at least some of this. Check out the file "C:\ProgramData\Amulet Devices\CustomCommands.txt" which lets you define your own additional custom voice commands. (Copy it from CustomCommands-Sample.txt if it doesn't already exist.)

Some of the things you can do with Custom commands are:
  • Run an external program
  • Navigate to a particular media folder within Media Center
  • Start playing a particular music or video file
  • Respond with a particular phrase
  • Launch any item on the Start menu, by invoking ehshell.exe with the /entrypoint option and passing in the appropriate entrypoint tags (definitely requires some advanced technical knowledge to use this one...)
  • Run a keyboard macro, combining keystrokes with accessibility tags (i.e. picking out items from the screen by name)
Using the last two provides a way right now to get into Netflix and do some simple navigation; in fact, we've done some prototyping with this already. What it won't do (yet) is what you'd really like to do, i.e. choose Netflix titles directly by voice. That's a bit more work...

Here's an example custom command I use at home:
Command=Goto Sesame Street
  Response=Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?
  Action=Play "c:\Users\Public\Videos\Sesame Street Videos"
Then I just tell Amulet "Goto Sesame Street" whenever my kids want to look at some Sesame Street videos :-)

Thanks for the feedback!

Eddy
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by eddy.

Re: WMC Netflix Add-in functionality 6 years 7 months ago #210

• cjbrown80
  • Junior Boarder
I can't get it to work. I know its registering the command because I hear the response. What Action would I use to get it to go the Netflix app which is under the Movie menu item?
I'd also like a voice command to minimize WMC. Is that possible?

Re: WMC Netflix Add-in functionality 6 years 7 months ago #222

• eddy
  • Administrator
Try this custom command:
Command=Go To Netflix
Response=Going to Netflix
Action=SendKeys "{start,end,up,'Netflix'}"
It goes to the Start page, then the bottom (end) of the start menu, then up once to get to the TV & Movies strip, then selects the 'Netflix' option. You may need to tweak the number of Ups a little, depending on what other plug-ins you have installed on Media Center

There isn't currently an easy way to minimize only the Media Center window, but the following custom command will get you back to the desktop:
Command=Show Desktop
Response=Showing the desktop
Action=SendKeys "{Win-D}"
This just sends the Windows Key / D keystroke which minimizes all windows and shows the desktop. (There is a voice command to get you back to Media Center -- say Set Media Center Full Screen or Maximize Media Center.)
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by eddy.

Re: WMC Netflix Add-in functionality 6 years 7 months ago #245

• cjbrown80
  • Junior Boarder
That kinda sucks that you have to use keystrokes to navigate to the Movies strip. There should be a command for that, like Action=SendKeys "{'Movies','Netflix'}", because obviously installing a new plug-in would likely change the position of it. But I realize thats a Media Center thing. I'll tinker when I get home from work. Thanks.

Re: WMC Netflix Add-in functionality 6 years 7 months ago #274

• cjbrown80
  • Junior Boarder
Another thing I noticed. The Skip Over Ads voice command should be Skip Commercials. At least in the part of the country I'm in, we call them Commercials, not Ads. Just a regional dialect thing maybe, but I've never heard of TV commercials referred to as Ads. An ad would be in a magazine or newspaper. In the meantime, I'm going to ad that with the Custom Commands. Thanks.

Re: WMC Netflix Add-in functionality 6 years 7 months ago #300

• eddy
  • Administrator
cjbrown80 wrote:
Another thing I noticed. The Skip Over Ads voice command should be Skip Commercials. At least in the part of the country I'm in, we call them Commercials, not Ads. Just a regional dialect thing maybe, but I've never heard of TV commercials referred to as Ads. An ad would be in a magazine or newspaper. In the meantime, I'm going to ad that with the Custom Commands. Thanks.
Good point! We've done our best to ensure we use American English rather than European English throughout, but this one slipped through -- we'll add Commercials as a synonym for the next beta.

If you spot any other language issues like this, please let us know.

Eddy

Re: WMC Netflix Add-in functionality 6 years 6 months ago #389

• cjbrown80
  • Junior Boarder
Just got around to reading this thread again. Are you guys in Europe? I just assumed you were in the U.S. If I sounded a bit condescending it was not my intent.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds