Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome, Amulet Beta Testers!
Here you'll find discussion of the latest Amulet Voice Remote beta software, as it moves towards general release. Please give us your feedback, bug reports, and comments on how you are getting on with beta testing, along with any feature requests you think may help improve the Amulet software.

Please only post here relating to issues with Amulet beta software releases; use the main forums for general discussion about Amulet.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Skip Over Ads

Skip Over Ads 6 years 8 months ago #303

• dcrupi
  • Junior Boarder
Hello,

We have been playing with the voice command, skip over ads. While we have been able to get this voice command to work, occasionally we forget and the command comes out as "Skip Ads". The system reacts by jumping to the end of the records show, regardless of where you are in the show.

Not sure if this is by design, but I would prefer the system not respond to the command rather then skip to the end.

Regards,

Dennis
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Skip Over Ads 6 years 8 months ago #314

• eddy
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
dcrupi wrote:
We have been playing with the voice command, skip over ads. While we have been able to get this voice command to work, occasionally we forget and the command comes out as "Skip Ads". The system reacts by jumping to the end of the records show, regardless of where you are in the show.
Hi Dennis,

This is definitely not by design. I would guess Amulet misrecognized your shorter "Skip Ads" command as something else; if you enable the Debug log, we can see what that might be. Skip to End is the only possibility that immediately springs to mind, though Skip To 3 hours or similar might do it also.

Neither sounds very like Skip Ads though, so it would be interesting to see what was actually being recognized.

Eddy

Re:Skip Over Ads 6 years 8 months ago #347

• dcrupi
  • Junior Boarder
eddy wrote:
dcrupi wrote:
Hi Dennis,

This is definitely not by design. I would guess Amulet misrecognized your shorter "Skip Ads" command as something else; if you enable the Debug log, we can see what that might be. Skip to End is the only possibility that immediately springs to mind, though Skip To 3 hours or similar might do it also.

Neither sounds very like Skip Ads though, so it would be interesting to see what was actually being recognized.

Eddy

Eddy,

This happened again and for the second day in a row and I couldn't utilize the report bug application. I am unable to type in the boxes. I am starting to think something with Amulet is interfering with my RF keyboard.

Any thoughts?

Dennis

Re:Skip Over Ads 6 years 8 months ago #348

• mphac@rcn.com
Re "I am unable to type in the boxes. I am starting to think something with Amulet is interfering with my RF keyboard."

This is interesting. I am also having a LOT of difficulty typing with my RF keyboard (an NMediaPC Model HTPCKB). Basically the computer responds very erratically to typed keystrokes. Many (most?)of the keystrokes simply do not register on the computer, and I often have to hit the same key again and again before it is received. This happens even though the pilot LED on the RF receiver dongle does flash with every keystroke - so it's not a range or low-battery issue.

I'd thought that this problem was unrelated to the Amulet remote, so haven't reported it here before. But now that you mention it, I'm also beginning to wonder if it isn't somehow related -- perhaps some kind of contention between the two USB devices?

Can you provide any more details on the symptoms you're seeing?

Eddie, any thoughts on this? Is it conceivable that the Amulet remote is somehow interfering with the RF keyboard?

Re:Skip Over Ads 6 years 8 months ago #354

• dcrupi
  • Junior Boarder
The trackball and left & right mouse keys work fine. As does the enter & tab keys. However, none of the letter or number keys work.

I am using a Vidabox RF keyboard. Tonight, I changed the batteries and relocated the RF USB dongle away from the Amulet dongle.

I will see if this makes a difference.

Dennis

Re:Skip Over Ads 6 years 8 months ago #355

• dcrupi
  • Junior Boarder
eddy wrote:
dcrupi wrote:
Hi Dennis,

Eddy

Eddy,

We tested this again and once again saying Skip Ads jumps to the end of the recorded TV show. However, this time I was able to complete the bug report and I have submitted it.

Thanks,

Dennis

Re:Skip Over Ads 6 years 8 months ago #385

• dcrupi
  • Junior Boarder
Hello,

Strange happenings tonight. Everything was going well and all of a sudden skip over ads command actually stated jumping back wards. This continued and we had to switch to the buttons.

Re:Skip Over Ads 6 years 8 months ago #394

• eddy
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
dcrupi wrote:
Strange happenings tonight. Everything was going well and all of a sudden skip over ads command actually stated jumping back wards. This continued and we had to switch to the buttons.
Odd indeed! The quickest way to find out what is going on is to take a quick look in the debug log, and see what the command was recognized as. (Assuming you still have Debug mode enabled, you can view the debug log by clicking the little magnifying glass icon in the system tray on the Windows desktop, after you switch away from Media Center; the debug info is also logged in files under the folder "C:\ProgramData\Amulet Devices\Logs".

If your command is being correctly recognized as "Skip Over Ads" and yet is skipping backwards, that's bizarre -- my best guess would be that the current position in the video is being reported incorrectly.

Regarding the RF interference mentioned earlier in the thread, it is possible that having the Amulet dongle and an RF dongle plugged into adjacent USB ports may make it more difficult for the RF dongle to receive its RF transmissions, depending on the design. Relocating one or the other of them to a different USB port should correct it, or even better, move one of them to the end of a short USB extension lead.

Re:Skip Over Ads 6 years 8 months ago #400

• dcrupi
  • Junior Boarder
We have not had a repeat of this issue. If we do I will be sure to check.

Thanks,

Dennis
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds