Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome, Amulet Beta Testers!
Here you'll find discussion of the latest Amulet Voice Remote beta software, as it moves towards general release. Please give us your feedback, bug reports, and comments on how you are getting on with beta testing, along with any feature requests you think may help improve the Amulet software.

Please only post here relating to issues with Amulet beta software releases; use the main forums for general discussion about Amulet.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Amulet Stop Working

Amulet Stop Working 6 years 8 months ago #305

• dcrupi
  • Junior Boarder
Hello,

I am having a problem that surfaces every few days. While watching Recorded TV a message appears that says Amulet has stopped working. After clearing the message everything seems fine.

Any ideas?

Dennis
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Amulet Stop Working 6 years 8 months ago #307

• dcrupi
  • Junior Boarder
Hello,

This is happening every time we watch recorded TV now. Voice commands also stopped working this evening.

Any ideas on how to prevent this?

Re:Amulet Stop Working 6 years 8 months ago #318

• eddy
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
dcrupi wrote:
This is happening every time we watch recorded TV now. Voice commands also stopped working this evening.
Can you enable debugging, as described here, and then the next time you get a crash or "stopped responding", exit Media Center and go to the Windows Start menu -> Amulet Devices -> Trouble-shooting -> Report a bug.

Tick the "Include Media Index files" option at the bottom of the bug window to include a list of your music & TV files, since it sounds as if something recently added to your recorded TV programs is causing Amulet to get upset.

(If for some reason the Bug report doesn't appear to deliver, you can email the corresponding Zip file directly to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it , marked for my attention - you'll find the .zip file in C:\ProgramData\Amulet Devices\Bugs.)

Hopefully we can get this sorted out for you quickly, since I imagine it is making your Media Center viewing rather unpleasant!

Thanks,

Eddy

Re:Amulet Stop Working 6 years 8 months ago #336

• dcrupi
  • Junior Boarder
Eddy,

Ok, this happened again tonight and it is Amulet.Music. I will attempt a bug report, however, when I tried earlier tonight bug report wouldn't work.

Dennis

Re:Amulet Stop Working 6 years 8 months ago #338

• dcrupi
  • Junior Boarder
dcrupi wrote:
Eddy,

Ok, this happened again tonight and it is Amulet.Music. I will attempt a bug report, however, when I tried earlier tonight bug report wouldn't work.

Dennis

I still couldn't get the report bug to work. I copied the files I could find and sent them to the email address you gave me.

Thanks,

Dennis

Re:Amulet Stop Working 6 years 8 months ago #339

• dcrupi
  • Junior Boarder
dcrupi wrote:
Eddy,

Dennis

I still couldn't get the report bug to work. I copied the files I could find and sent them to the email address you gave me.

Thanks,

Dennis

Re:Amulet Stop Working 6 years 8 months ago #340

• mphac@rcn.com
I have also seen Amulet occasionally stop responding to voice commands for no apparent reason. Pushing buttons on the remote continues to work as expected though. I'll do a bug report also the next time it happens.

Re:Amulet Stop Working 6 years 8 months ago #356

• dcrupi
  • Junior Boarder
dcrupi wrote:
dcrupi wrote:
Eddy,

Dennis

Thanks,

Dennis

There was no one home today. Media Center was left running all day and there were not scheduled recordings. When I came home and turned the TV on, I found the message Amulet.Music has stopped working.

I was surprised to find this error, since the Media Center wasn't doing anything all day.

Dennis

Re:Amulet Stop Working 6 years 8 months ago #376

• dcrupi
  • Junior Boarder
Ok, Amulet stopped working again today. Everything was fine last night. Today Amulet would not respond to voice commands at all. I had to close Media Center and restart it.

Any idea as to what is happening? Will it do any good to submit a bug report when we discover Amulet not working?
Dennis
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.458 seconds