Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome, Amulet Beta Testers!
Here you'll find discussion of the latest Amulet Voice Remote beta software, as it moves towards general release. Please give us your feedback, bug reports, and comments on how you are getting on with beta testing, along with any feature requests you think may help improve the Amulet software.

Please only post here relating to issues with Amulet beta software releases; use the main forums for general discussion about Amulet.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ceton tuner tv program search

Ceton tuner tv program search 6 years 7 months ago #430

• js4spencer
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a issue with TV program search and would like suggestions and others experiences. I am in the U.S. Georgia . The only program I have success voice navigating to is HBO HD. Program numbers work well. When I voice nav to other programs I am misinterpreted. I have tried voice training and that does not help. I wonder if my guide is confusing the software.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Ceton tuner tv program search 6 years 7 months ago #447

• kwhite6
  • Fresh Boarder
Asking for a channel by name or number was not accurate at all.The Amulet Settings do not show any channels.

Re:Ceton tuner tv program search 6 years 7 months ago #450

• eddy
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
kwhite6 wrote:
Asking for a channel by name or number was not accurate at all.The Amulet Settings do not show any channels.
Kevin,

Can you file a bug report please (Windows Start Menu -> Amulet Devices -> Troubleshooting -> Report a bug) and tick the "attach media index files" button at the bottom of the bug window. This will let us see exactly what channels Amulet is detecting on your system, along with any other possible issues that may explain the problem.

You should definitely be seeing a count of the number of active TV channels on the Amulet Settings status page; the fact that you are not indicates something fundamental has gone wrong.

Thanks,

Eddy

Re:Ceton tuner tv program search 6 years 7 months ago #451

• kwhite6
  • Fresh Boarder
Eddy;
I am submitting the bug report.
Just so we are on the same page when I go to Amulet>Settings>About
the following is listed:
Media Status Last scan today at 9:58 PM
TV Channels No channels
TV Guide 540 active channels, 12509 titles
etc......

Re:Ceton tuner tv program search 6 years 7 months ago #452

• eddy
  • Administrator
kwhite6 wrote:
Just so we are on the same page when I go to Amulet>Settings>About
the following is listed:
Media Status Last scan today at 9:58 PM
TV Channels No channels
TV Guide 540 active channels, 12509 titles
etc......
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the bug report. I can confirm that the "No channels" indication is a separate bug, not related to the inability to select channels that you are seeing.

(What happened here is that the stats about number of TV Channels maintained by older builds of the Amulet software persisted, so anyone upgrading from the previous beta would continue to see the old number of TV channels listed under Settings - the new TV channels code is neglecting to update that channel count. If the new beta is installed on a clean system, then it shows "No channels" as you've seen. We'll have this fixed for the next beta.)

Could you submit a second bug report, this time with debugging enabled, under Amulet Settings / Diagnostics, please? Also, can you make sure thar you exit and then restart Media Center shortly before submitting the bug report, since the likely point of the probme you are seeing is during Media Center initialisation.

Thanks,

Eddy

Re: Ceton tuner tv program search 6 years 7 months ago #465

• kwhite6
  • Fresh Boarder
sorry for delay here are the logs

Re: Ceton tuner tv program search 6 years 6 months ago #469

• kwhite6
  • Fresh Boarder
Live TV is now working fine, seems I had too separate issue. One issue is the missing number of channels which is a verified bug but is not part of the problem. The other was switching channels by voice.
I uninstalled and then reinstalled My Channels Logos and Amulet is working much better.
Perhaps the My Channel Logos needs to be installed after Amulet?
At any rate switching channels by voice now works seamlessly and as advertised

Re: Ceton tuner tv program search 6 years 6 months ago #470

• eddy
  • Administrator
That's good news Kevin, thanks for the update. We'll do some playing here with My Channel Logos and see if we can reproduce what you've described.

Just to clarify: can you see the correct number of channels in the Settings / About screen now, with the new beta? (This is one of the things we fixed.)

Thanks,

Eddy

Re: Ceton tuner tv program search 6 years 6 months ago #474

• MaazMansori
  • Junior Boarder
I'm having a similar problem. I updated to the latest version of My Channel Logos (2.0). Uninstalling and reinstalling it did not resolve the problem. If I remove all the logos from the channels, then Amulet is able to go to the channel I ask it to (whether or not MCL is installed), but if the logos are there, it won't find any of the channels.

I had the old version of My Channel Logos for the longest time and never encountered any conflicts with Amulet.

Re: Ceton tuner tv program search 6 years 6 months ago #476

• eddy
  • Administrator
Thanks Maaz -- very useful feedback. This gives us something specific to try, to see if the problem can be reproduced here in our labs.

Watch this space,

Eddy

Re: Ceton tuner tv program search 6 years 6 months ago #479

• kwhite6
  • Fresh Boarder
It looks as though the correct number is there 500+ channels
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds