Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome, Amulet Beta Testers!
Here you'll find discussion of the latest Amulet Voice Remote beta software, as it moves towards general release. Please give us your feedback, bug reports, and comments on how you are getting on with beta testing, along with any feature requests you think may help improve the Amulet software.

Please only post here relating to issues with Amulet beta software releases; use the main forums for general discussion about Amulet.
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Beta

New Beta 6 years 7 months ago #446

• dcrupi
  • Junior Boarder
Installed the new beta and the installation went well. There were no problems with the installation like the last time.

At first glance it appears that stop, pause, and resume work well. While sleep seems to work, there may still be a problem, but before explaining what is happening I need to do some more testing.

Dennis
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Beta 6 years 7 months ago #459

• dcrupi
  • Junior Boarder
Been using the beta for a week know and it is more stable then the previous release. We were a bit disappointed that some of our suggestions weren't included in this release (like being able to play directly from TV Show list when there is only one program).

One new issue did come up however, it appears the list of shows within TV Shows is no longer in order of date recorded. This means if there are 4 or 5 shows of the same program, you need to select each one to see which one is the oldest.

I am also still having trouble with sleep when Amulet and WMC are left running. If you just start the program without using it the PC goes to sleep. However, once you use Amulet, the computer doesn't go to sleep. A check with "powercfg" indicates "An active remote client has recently sent requests to this machine".

System Driver

\fileSystem\srvnet

Eddy, is srvnet an Amulet Driver?

Thanks,

Dennis

Re: New Beta 6 years 7 months ago #460

• eddy
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks for the update, Dennis; getting feedback saying "working well" is useful to help us track improvements to stability.

I can confirm that the ordering of TV shows by date is broken in the new beta (just checked it now). I'm not sure how that happened, but you're the first person to spot it so thank you! We'll definitely get that fixed asap.

Regarding playing TV shows with a single episode: normally, Amulet should only prompt you to select an episode when it finds multiple episodes with the same series title. Could you find an example on your system where this is behaving as you describe, then submit a bug report with media index files attached immediately afterwards? I haven't been able to reproduce this on our test system with the latest beta.

Re sleep problems, \fileSystem\srvnet isn't directly related to Amulet; I believe it's a core system component related to file sharing on the network, and the error you're seeing indicates a remote network client has recently carried out some file activity on the local hard drive, probably still maintaining an open filelock.

While I haven't encountered this myself, there is some discussion in this Microsoft Technet thread which may be useful:

social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w...c1-be33-2aea010674fb

Regards,

Eddy

Re: New Beta 6 years 7 months ago #461

• eddy
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
One further thought on playing programs from the list: are you saying PLAY PROGRAM <name> or just PLAY <name> to select programs from the TV Series list? The former should behave as I describe, and play a single program immediately (whether or not you're looking at the TV series list -- it works from anywhere).

The PLAY <name> command will only work when you're looking at an Amulet screen listing the program name, in which case it's equivalent to selecting the item using the arrow keys and clicking OK.

The Recorded TV page, used only for programs recorded from TV, has quite a bit of overlap with the TV Series page, but a significant difference is that individual programs without multiple episodes do not have sub-menus. So, if you GO TO RECORDED TV instead of GO TO TV SERIES, then you can PLAY <name> and have it avoid the episode prompt.

Presuming this is the scenario you're seeing (and if it is, no need to submit a bug report after all), then we can think about making the TV Series page behave in a similar way, i.e. a TV series with only one episode would have that episode at the top level rather than in its own sub menu.

Eddy
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by eddy.

Re: New Beta 6 years 7 months ago #462

• dcrupi
  • Junior Boarder
Eddy,

Thanks for the feedback.

When in TV Shows, we are saying Play Program Name or Play Program Number. Either one, from the main list, we then need to say Play Program Name or Number again.

This happens with every single program from TV Shows. It never just plays.

I will run some more tests on the sleep issue. Going to sleep performed flawlessly before Amulte was installed and there have been no additions or changes since Amulet was installed.

Thanks,

Dennis
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds