Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome, Amulet Beta Testers!
Here you'll find discussion of the latest Amulet Voice Remote beta software, as it moves towards general release. Please give us your feedback, bug reports, and comments on how you are getting on with beta testing, along with any feature requests you think may help improve the Amulet software.

Please only post here relating to issues with Amulet beta software releases; use the main forums for general discussion about Amulet.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Amulet Beta

Amulet Beta 5 years 5 months ago #677

• bobinyork
  • Fresh Boarder
Don't know if noticed a slight bug with Amulet and My Movies.
If you say 'Show horror movies' or other genre ie: 'show action movies' then list is displayed.
How ever if you say 'show Horror' or other genre without suffix 'MOVIES' then both Amulet movies interface if using or My Movies interface jump to the following page:
My Movies/ navigation menu /settings/tv series library setting.

It should be noted that as already mentioned in previous bug report that when My movies is installed saying show action Movies and show action films bring up the MY MOVIES and AMULET MOVIES interfaces respectively. Still enjoying software. My movies support is brilliant!!
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by bobinyork.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Amulet Beta 5 years 5 months ago #678

• eddy
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
If you say 'show Horror' or other genre without suffix 'MOVIES' then both Amulet movies interface if using or My Movies interface jump to the following page:
My Movies/ navigation menu /settings/tv series library setting.
Hmm -- we can't reproduce this here, which makes me think it might be a simple voice misrecognition rather than a more subtle bug.

If you try this on an Amulet Movies page, can you see the recognized text flashing up in the middle of the screen briefly before the page changes to the library settings, to see what it might be getting misrecognized as?

Alternatively, if you turn on debugging, you could view the debug log (using the spyglass icon in the system tray on the desktop to open it) after saying the command, and you'll see the command Amulet recognized displayed there.

Does it only happen for SHOW HORROR or for all SHOW {genre} commands?
when My movies is installed saying show action Movies and show action films bring up the MY MOVIES and AMULET MOVIES interfaces respectively.
I'm happy to report that this has already been fixed for the next version.

Thanks,

Eddy

Re: Amulet Beta 5 years 5 months ago #679

• bobinyork
  • Fresh Boarder
Does it only happen for SHOW HORROR or for all SHOW {genre} commands?

Hi Eddy, I cannot get bug to connect says waiting for conection. But in the mean time to clarify...
If I am in Amulet Movies and say show horror films or show action films etc Amulet shows correct genre (Message pop up on screen says "Show Horror Films" )etc

If I say Show horror movies Amulet goes to My movies again Message pop up on screen reads " Show Horror Movies" etc However I have noticed once in my movies and saying command again or another genre such as show comedy movies, My Movies correctly lists genre but there is no visual pop up of spoken command.. By returning to Amulet movie page and saying command again visual pop up shows of spoken command.

Next If I say Show Horror Show comedy etc in Amulet Movies or My Movies then I get the Tv library setting page as mentioned.
If said in Amulet Movies pop up message states " Show Comedy" or what genre was quoted.
if said in My Movies no visible pop up and same page is shown..
Of course saying full command path negates this problem, but not sure why going to this particular page. Would be nice in future release if when focus obtained users could just say “Show” (Genre) as alternative command..
Robert.

Re: Amulet Beta 5 years 5 months ago #680

• eddy
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Robert,
I cannot get bug to connect says waiting for conection.
If you open the folder C:\ProgramData\Amulet Devices\Bugs you should find a .zip file containing the bug report you created; you can email this file directly to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it , marked for my attention and it will get to me. (We've found in some cases, ISPs block outbound connections to third-party mail providers which prevents the bug report being delivered successfully.)

From your more detailed description, it definitely sounds as if something weird is going on. When I take a look at the debug log file, it should give me some better info.

Thanks,

Eddy
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds