Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome, Amulet Beta Testers!
Here you'll find discussion of the latest Amulet Voice Remote beta software, as it moves towards general release. Please give us your feedback, bug reports, and comments on how you are getting on with beta testing, along with any feature requests you think may help improve the Amulet software.

Please only post here relating to issues with Amulet beta software releases; use the main forums for general discussion about Amulet.
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Movies + Amulet

My Movies + Amulet 5 years 3 months ago #746

• bobinyork
  • Fresh Boarder
Updated My movies to 4.4 build 2. Problem cannot play movies using Amulet voice. Movies can be Played manually using mouse in the My Movies interface. However Amulet says "Sorry cannot play" displays message There is no TV series called in the My Movies Tv series database

Any ideas if fixable ?
Will post on My Movies Forum!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: My Movies + Amulet 5 years 3 months ago #747

• eddy
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Amulet says "Sorry cannot play" displays message There is no TV series called in the My Movies Tv series database.
Hmm... thanks for the report! I haven't had a chance to try out the new release of My Movies yet, but will do so now and see if I can reproduce. (If not, I may ask you to turn on some debugging to get additional info about what is causing the problem.)

Hopefully something simple to fix. The first thing I would try is updating the Amulet TV/movies index by saying "UPDATE VIDEOS". If MyMovies has changed its internal indexing scheme, this should resync everything once more.

Eddy

Re: My Movies + Amulet 5 years 3 months ago #748

• bobinyork
  • Fresh Boarder
The first thing I would try is updating the Amulet TV/movies

Tried this yesterday Eddy no good!!

How ever after having trouble getting dbug to work even with update you kindly sent me, I eventually managed to start it manually and get some info.
I think I know what the problem is !
See highlighted text in sample report...

[7452] [Amulet_Background] <Response status="failed">The remote control server requires 2,500 points for third party application usage.Users of My Movies for iPhone, iPad or Android should upgrade to the latest version of the applications.</Response>

My next question is as there appears code restricting access, does the My movies interface with Amulet support now become unusable unless necessary points purchase from My Movies has been completed ?
If so other Amulet users need to be aware NOT TO UPDATE MY MOVIES as you cannot reinstall previous version easily due to my movies collection and database issues!!
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by bobinyork.

Re: My Movies + Amulet 5 years 3 months ago #749

• eddy
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
<Response status="failed">The remote control server requires 2,500 points for third party application usage.Users of My Movies for iPhone, iPad or Android should upgrade to the latest version of the applications.</Response>

That's very helpful - thanks! It would also explain why I wasn't seeing it locally (my My Movies installation is fully licensed).

It looks like this was an unintended consequence of a licensing change introduced in the new MyMovies release. I'm chatting with Brian Binnerup at the moment to see what the best solution for Amulet users will be, and hope to report back soon.

In the meantime, as you suggested, it would be best for existing Amulet & My Movies users to hold off upgrading to the new version (4.4) unless they have at least 2500+ points on their My Movies account.

Eddy
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by eddy.

Re: My Movies + Amulet 5 years 3 months ago #750

• bobinyork
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanx Eddy, I await reply !!
I have made a backup image of my drive like a good boy, so at least I can get back to original software version. :)
Robert....
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds