Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Remote and Media Browser

Re: Remote and Media Browser 5 years 6 months ago #662

eddy,
I had a hard time getting to sleep last night. I felt like I've done all this work for nothing pretty much. So unless you can clue me in to a way to 'watch' all voice commands, or better something like this:
1) person speaks command
2) Amulet processes it and determines if it is a match for an Amulet command or custom command.
3) If not either, pass the command to a file as text, something like plugins.txt maybe, and then I just monitor that file for changes. This will 1) prevent my app from interferring with any Amulet commands (by the time it gets to me, Amulet has already determined it is not relevant to Amulet, 2) Users will not have to do massive modifications to their custom commands so that the commands I use get recognized 3) other people could utilitze the plugins.txt file if they want to write a plugin.

That would be ideal. Otherwise, I might have to throw in the towel on this project. I cannot expect people to spend 3 days modifying their custom commands just so my app will work.

I still cannot believe I worked this whole time under the assumption all voice commands whether recognized or not, were written to the speechcommand.txt file.

Thanks,
tobias.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Remote and Media Browser 5 years 6 months ago #663

eddy,
Is there by chance anything you can tell me? I actually could not get to sleep last night I was upset by this. I've basically created a useless program. Is there a way i can get the voice command after Amulet has checked it and passed it off as irrelevant? Since I'm basically writing a plugin, it think it would be best if Amulet commands took priority and whatever is not Amulet (built in, custom commands, etc.) get made available to read from file?

Or should i just give up?

I've been trying to scour the site for information. Site has been slow lately. I noticed reference to a background app written in C# and I saw the word grammars mentioned. It made me wonder if the app is using the System.Speech namespace in .Net. Is that how you are doing it? I would love to rewrite my program using Speech namespace.

Thanks,
tobias.
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by tobiastobin.

Re: Remote and Media Browser 5 years 6 months ago #664

• eddy
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Tobias,

What you're looking to do should be possible with the existing custom commands. However, since the discussion is getting rather development-oriented, we'll move it to email until we have a good solution to share.

(I've just sent you an email with some additional technical info.)

Thanks,

Eddy

Re: Remote and Media Browser 5 years 6 months ago #665

• ben
Hooray! Great minds cola berating to better an already great product. There's going to be some fantastic things happening for amulet in the future! That's exciting!

Re: Remote and Media Browser 5 years 5 months ago #681

• chef
  • Senior Boarder
Hello ben here,
I have a question regarding the AMulet Scanner/Custom in a command line. Right Now I have this in VBscript:

set WshShell = wscript.CreateObject("wscript.shell")

Cmdline = chr(34) & "C:\Program Files\Amulet Devices\Amulet.Scanner.exe /CUSTOM" & chr(34)

WshShell.Run(Cmdline)

it errors when trying to run the CMDLine. Am I missing SOmething?>

Thanks in advance.

Re: Remote and Media Browser 5 years 5 months ago #682

• chef
  • Senior Boarder
Figured it out!

Like This:

set WshShell = wscript.CreateObject("wscript.shell")

Cmdline = chr(34) & "C:\Program Files\Amulet Devices\Amulet.Scanner.exe" & chr(34) & " /Custom " & chr(34)
WshShell.Run(Cmdline)

:blush:

Re: Remote and Media Browser 5 years 5 months ago #686

• eddy
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Ben,
Cmdline = chr(34) & "C:\Program Files\Amulet Devices\Amulet.Scanner.exe" & chr(34) & " /Custom " & chr(34)
This will work okay, but the final chr(34) isn't really needed -- it just puts a spurious quote on its own at the end of the command line which will be ignored (or more accurately, treated as a null parameter which is then ignored).

The important bit, as you discovered, is that the pathname to Amulet.Scanner.exe needs to have quotes around it, because of the spaces in "Program Files" and "Amulet Devices".

Eddy
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by eddy.

Re: Remote and Media Browser 5 years 5 months ago #688

• chef
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks I fixed my script. Check out the VB examples on the other page.

Quite proud of those.
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds