Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: information about Recognition profiles and amulet

information about Recognition profiles and amulet 5 years 6 months ago #672

• ben
Hello,

I would love a little bit of information about amulet and speech recognition profiles. I know amulet can switch profiles, but I was wondering if it's possible to have custom commands that relate to each profile created. For instance:

If my wife's profile is active and she asks a custom command like,

"Music favorites"

then her favorite playlist will play, and my playlists would play if my profile is loaded.

Something simple, Like if she says "Hello" as a custom command then the talker replys:

"hello, Julia" (I realize it does this when it's first loaded, I mean after shes used the remote picking songs and such, i also know you can ask "Who is this" and it will tell you the profile name).

Mostly I'd love to learn how to use custom commmands with profiles. It think I could come up with some cool/useful ideas.

Perhaps some vbscripts that only run with certain profiles. Using if statements based on profiles.

Perental controls come to mind.
Things only play for certain profiles. Although I realize that young kids could easily change profiles, so real perental controls should be put in place.

Just some ideas.

Thanks again! Still loving my remote.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: information about Recognition profiles and amulet 5 years 6 months ago #674

• eddy
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Ben,
I would love a little bit of information about amulet and speech recognition profiles. I know amulet can switch profiles, but I was wondering if it's possible to have custom commands that relate to each profile created. For instance:

If my wife's profile is active and she asks a custom command like,

"Music favorites"

then her favorite playlist will play, and my playlists would play if my profile is loaded. [ ... ]

Mostly I'd love to learn how to use custom commmands with profiles. I think I could come up with some cool/useful ideas.
Some really interesting ideas there!

The short, easy answer is no, you can't do this. The longer, more complicated answer is yes, you can do nearly all of this using some internal features we haven't publicised, though you'd need to do a fair bit of work on your end to make it all happen.

Fundamentally, Amulet doesn't have an easy way to tie commands to a particular profile. You can figure out the currently active profile, however, by reading the file AmuletInfo.txt, finding the [Other] section, and retrieving the SpeechProfiles=xxx line. This is a comma-separated list of all recognized speech profiles on the system, and the one ending in '*' is the currently selected profile.

(You can get the same information by reading the Windows registry directly, but that's a fair bit more work and varies with 32-bit vs 64-bit etc.)

So, you could implement the custom commands you want to write in VBScript, have them read this file, and then perform different actual commands based on the currently active profile.

If you'd prefer to just have completely independent custom command files for each user's profile, you would need to load a new set of custom commands whenever the currently active profile changes. This is a bit trickier, but should still be possible.

Two approaches spring to mind. The first is to monitor the AmuletInfo.txt file; whenever it changes (e.g. file notification, or even just checking the timestamp periodically), read it in from a background script and check if the profile has changed. If so, copy a new CustomCommand.txt file (e.g. CustomCommands-Julia.txt) over the existing CustomCommands.txt file, then run an Amulet.Scanner.exe /CUSTOM command line to cause the new command file to be loaded.

An alternative approach is to use one of the internal settings in Amulet.ini. Find the [Remote] section, then uncomment and edit the SpeechButton=xxx line, replacing xxx with the actual Amulet command you would like it to run when the Speech Profile button on the remote is pressed. (You can similarly edit the behaviour of the TV Power / Red / Green / Yellow / Blue buttons, as long as they haven't been reprogrammed to new IR codes using IR learning.)

You could set SpeechButton=Select Custom Profile, for example, then make sure all the personalised CustomCommand.txt files have a custom command called "Select Custom Profile", which calls a VBScript file. The VBScript would need to read AmuletInfo.txt, figure out the current profile, based on that, figure out the next profile, then run Amulet.Scanner.exe /CMD This Is (new profile) to cause the new profile to be selected. It should also copy over the new custom command file appropriate for that profile, and run Amulet.Scanner.exe /CUSTOM to load it in.

I'd recommend loading the new custom commands first, then switching to the new profile since selecting a new profile can take several seconds, and you'd otherwise have to wait around for that to complete.

Note that we don't support the use of SpeechButton, since it's only for internal testing, but you're very welcome to experiment with it for your own use.
Thanks again! Still loving my remote.
Glad to hear it :-)

Thanks for the suggestions!

Eddy

Re: information about Recognition profiles and amulet 5 years 6 months ago #675

• ben
Thanks eddy for explaining the long answer. When I have something substantial I will let you know. I'm going to make this my next project. See what I can do.

Re: information about Recognition profiles and amulet 5 years 5 months ago #685

• chef
  • Senior Boarder
Accually I can't find AMuletInfo.txt. Where does it exist? Thanks s

Re: information about Recognition profiles and amulet 5 years 5 months ago #687

• eddy
  • Administrator
I can't find AMuletInfo.txt. Where does it exist?
You should find it in "C:\ProgramData\Amulet Devices\AmuletInfo.txt"

ProgramData is a hidden folder so if you're just browsing with Windows Explorer, you'll need to turn on the option to Show Hidden Files & Folders in Explorer's Folder Options. Alternatively, just type "C:\ProgramData" into the Windows start menu search bar, and it should open up the folder for you automatically, even when hidden.

Eddy
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by eddy.

Re: information about Recognition profiles and amulet 5 years 5 months ago #689

• chef
  • Senior Boarder
It's strange, There is no AmuletInfo.txt there. Perhaps I am running an older version of AMulet?

Thanks

Ben

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: information about Recognition profiles and amulet 5 years 5 months ago #691

• eddy
  • Administrator
Hi Ben,
It's strange, There is no AmuletInfo.txt there. Perhaps I am running an older version of AMulet?
From the timestamp on your Amulet-Sample.ini file, I'd guess you're running the original 2.17.50 release of Amulet.

AmuletInfo.txt was only introduced in the later beta releases; you can download V3.00.01 from here.

Eddy

Re: information about Recognition profiles and amulet 5 years 1 month ago #827

• chef
  • Senior Boarder
I now have this working! Pretty cool. Love the Sanner options thanks. Anything else the scanner can do?

Re: information about Recognition profiles and amulet 5 years 1 month ago #834

• eddy
  • Administrator
Love the Scanner options thanks. Anything else the scanner can do?
Scanner is crammed full of all kinds of stuff -- type Amulet.Scanner /? for a list of options, or Amulet.Scanner /?? for a list of super-secret not-supported-outside-development options that you might like to experiment with...

Mostly though, it's useful for getting your media updated, and issuing the occasional Amulet simulated speech command in the background.

Eddy

information about Recognition profiles and amulet 1 year 2 weeks ago #1457

Hello, just seeking an update on my order 00001670.

I received an email after ordering online, stating my order is confirmed, but am kinda confused as to what is supposed to happen now?
ie. Do I get another email when it ships?

Reading this forum makes kinda frightening reading, as ordering this product certainly seems a lengthy process for most customers.
Errr, do they like make them as they receive an order or something?, or does PayPal takes ages to pay or whatever.

Would be nice to be kept in the loop, with like regular emails with something like 'on back order' or whatever, but not hearing anything at all is getting rather boring.

I made a pre purchase technical enquiry, and got absolutely no reply, so went ahead and ordered product, but now reading these forums is giving me anxiety.

Thanks in advance....

regards
jessica patel
24*7 prodissertation.co.ukuk
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by jessicapatel123.

information about Recognition profiles and amulet 1 year 2 weeks ago #1458

• eddy
  • Administrator
Hi Jessica,

When did you place your order exactly? Amulet Devices hasn't been trading for approximately a year now, and online ordering has been disabled for the same amount of time.

We have Order 1670 showing as shipped to a different customer back in 2014.

If you'd like to forward more details about any order you placed, e.g. exact date & time, and/or a copy of anything you received with an order number attached, I'd be happy to look into it.

Thanks,

Eddy
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds